Moroccan Pouffe- measures 52cm (20.5 inches) wide x 31-34cm (12-13 inches) filled
Select Colours from drop down.
All pouffes are handmade by skilful craftsmen in the medina (marketplace) of Marrakech, Morocco's bustling capital. These stylish Moroccan pouffe is made from the highest quality of leather and embroidered with an exquisite pattern using sabra silk.
Our Metallic Gold, Sliver & Copper pouffes are handmade from Faux Leather.
In stock: shipped within 5 business days.
Out of stock: 3-4 weeks delivery
Note: All of our pouffes come unfilled see below for filling instructions
The creation of a pouffe is quite a lengthy process, it starts with the dying of the leather in a traditional outdoor tannery, followed by a long drying process, the cutting of the pouffe pattern, and finally the sewing and embroidery. Around five local craftsmen and and women are involved in the process which takes over several days.
Since our pouffes are not mass produced, but handmade, every one is different to the next, giving your pouffe true authenticity and Moroccan charm.
Custom work available on all items please email us with any enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Bean Bag Balls - You can buy these at Target, Big W, or Kmart for around $12 - $13 a bag (one bag fills two).
2. To fill, place your pouffe in a bath or large trough (I use a small blow-up paddling pool), cut the corner of the beanbag packet (where marked) and pour into the pouffe. Once you cannot fit any more balls in the pouffe stop.
3. Place a layer of plastic or material on top of the balls, attempting to seal the balls in (note: some will escape, however, do not worry as the next step (polyester pillow foam) will hold them in futher.
4. Polyester pillow foam - you can buy a polyester pillows at Target, Kmart or Big W for around $3 - $4 a pillow, one pillow will fill one pouffe. Cut open the pillow and use the foam to fill the remainder of the pouffe. Try and use all of the foam as this will make the pouffe firmer. Distribute the foam to the edges of the pouffe.
5. Lastly, do up the zipper by pulling the leather sides together.
Alternatively you may simply use old linen, yes thats right old clothes, towels, sheets, dooners, blankets ect. Cheap and works a treat!
Posted by Unknown on 31st May 2017
The white pouffe is beautiful i brought it for my daughters room but it ended up in mine I love it that much.The kids love sitting on it great height!!
Posted by Sarah on 24th Jan 2017
We love our white Moroccan pouffe. It finishes off the nursery beautifully and I was really happy with the size for the price! On some other websites and stores I looked at, they were selling smaller pouffes at a more expensive price.
Thank you for our order.
Posted by Unknown on 29th Jul 2016
Love it!!! gorgeous colour and good size.
Posted by Natalie on 15th Jun 2016
I am so thrilled with this product it's of high quality and I received it in no time at all. I took advantage of a sale that was on which is even better, I've had so many compliments already! thank you
Posted by Kim on 14th Apr 2016
My tan pouffe finally arrived , have always wanted one of these. Purchased at a great price, very happy with it.
Posted by aimee on 21st Dec 2015
Excellent quality. Well made. Love the copper colour
Posted by Unknown on 19th Dec 2015
The natural/tan pouffe is exactly what what I have searching for. The pouffe suits the main living room, where it lives and adds a little extra personality to the space. I love the original design. It's bigger than the thought which was a lovely surprise.
Posted by Carly on 11th Aug 2015
I ordered a pink Moroccan pouffe for my daughters room and I love it. Rockmelon was fast with delivery. The only downside is the zipper is not a safety zip and there is no lining so I'm a bit worried that my daughter is going to open it or it come open one day and there will be beans everywhere.
Posted by michelle on 16th Jun 2015
I ordered this gold Moroccan pouffe for my daughter's room and it looks absolutely stunning! The gold colour is vibrant - a real statement piece in her pink room! I would say it is hands down The fanciest footstool out! Rockmelon Online was very quick to respond to my enquiries about this product before purchase and it arrived the following day to my surprise! I didn't read the product information properly so I didn't realise it came unfilled but it was easy and cheap enough to fill and find at Kmart/target and I didn't realise how big it was! Love the size! Overall, very chuffed with my new purchase for my daughter's room.
Posted by Unknown on 1st Apr 2015
Amazing gold pouffe. Love love !! Great seller